Friday, May 7, 2010

Term 1, Week 8, Lesson 1&2

This weeks lesson, I focused on creating the dress, I took the dress from 'turbo squid' with the intention of adjusting the length, style and colour to create my dress for the mannaquin. The dress i choose is below, and i believe is the perfect basis to create the dress for my animation.
After researching and trialing making clothing on 3d studio max, I realised that this process is very time consuming and will be difficult to achieve within my time period.

I started adjusting the length of the dress, and added a slight flare to the bottom, the dress does not look my plans, but is a suitable compromise. The dress is not intended or made to fit my mannquin therefore I had alot of problems when trying to make the dress fit the model, therefore in places the dress is slightly big for the mannaquin.

After I fitted the dress on the mannaquin I then had to find a suitable material that would be fitting to my original plans, I found a few fabrics that i thought were fitting to my original plans. I also had to find a fabric with a block colour, this is because when adding a texture on 3d studio max if they fabric has a slight crease it will show on the dress, I thought this would look odd, and unrealistic.
Block colour fabrics...

http://www.retiredbasketliners.com/images/black.jpghttp://theeff.com/ystore/images/color/silver-gray.jpg

I also originally Intended the fabric on the mannaquin to be silk, therefore the two silk block fabrics I found were most appropiate for my animation.

No comments:

Post a Comment